We are now recruiting for a new chairperson and new trustees...
Portraits of Recovery was founded in 2010, and since then its vision and mission has been to change the conversation around recovery from substance use, placing art front and centre for authentic storytelling, supporting social and cultural change.
We are committed to expanding, diversifying, and developing the skills, knowledge, and experience on our board of trustees, so that we can continuously strive for improvement and better equip ourselves for the challenges ahead. Ultimately, developing and diversifying our board will help us better reach even more people and communities affected by or in recovery from substance use.
That's why, we are seeking to recruit new people who wish to join in supporting our unique vision, ongoing development and future success.
We’re looking for people who have:
- An interest in supporting and/or lived experience of recovery.
- A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A strong interest in or experience of working in the arts, and the visual arts in particular.
- Strategic vision and an understanding about how ‘visions’ can be made real.
- Willingness to adhere to PORe’s values.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to PORe’s business.
- Independent judgment coupled with a willingness to speak your mind and challenge ‘group thinking’.
And we’re particularly looking for skills and experience in:
- Financial accounting & fundraising
- Arts marketing
- Contemporary art
- Substance use, recovery and wider health sector
- Higher and further education
If you have other skills, knowledge and experiences you could bring, we’d like to hear about them.
We’re committed to further strengthening the diversity of our trustees to reflect the communities in which we work. So, we're very keen to hear from people with lived experience, disabled people, people from the global majority, and people from the LGBTQIA+ community.
To apply, please read our application pack and detailed information about trustees, and then send a current CV and a letter, outlining why you’d like to join our board, with your skills and experience, and a filled out equal opportunities form to Mark Prest, email@example.com.
- Application: Sunday 10 March
- Interviews: w/c Monday 25 March